Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mamavation Monday...

Well first things first...


3lbs weight loss this week...

Well I am at a 7lb weight loss so far for this Move It Lose It Campaign. I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting to lose a lot more for these past few weeks. But at least its a loss. I know they say losing little bits at a time is better for you but its still hard when you know how much more you need to do to get to where you need to be.

I am learning a lot from all the Sistahs who have been doing this for awhile. But my body has been thrown into a whole confused state. This week I haven't been hungry at all but still making sure that I do my best to eat at least 3 healthy meals each day.

Stress is a hard issue for me. Having 3 kids with such different needs and requirements. Im having to learn to deal with stress in new ways. I use to crave something sweet or fried when I got stressed out as a coping technique. But working to learn new ways. The boys have been a bit stressed as well with the changing of the eating patterns. But this is a learning experience for all of us and we will get there as a family.

Tomorrow is Valentines Day... We don't have big plans we will more than likely have dinner and a movie with the munchkins.

10 comments:

Erin Patrick said...

Great job! It is not easy losing 3 lbs in a WEEK lady and you should be very proud!!!
You are making important lifestyle changes that are going to continue paying off, so keep it up and we are here when and if you need us!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes! I am right where you are, struggling with seeing how far I have to go, not wanting to celebrate the little achievements. I have 4 little ones at home, from 8yrs to 8mos. Life is hectic and busy and stressful, so my weight usually gets the brunt of all that stress. The most important thing is to have faith in yourself and in your body! It is capable of achieving what you want it to, it just needs a little bit of patience! :)

Anonymous said...

3lbs in a week is a HUGE loss - great job! Learning and establishing new habits takes time, you're doing a fantastic job!

Andrea Kruse said...

Congrats! You are doing so well. It is hard to permanently change old habits or cravings and you are working so hard. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your kiddos and remember to love yourself. You rock!

Steph-Fit Mom in Training said...

You're doing a great job. It's not easy to change established habits and it takes time. Keep pushing forward!!

Lena B said...

Megan, You are doing great! I honestly try not to get upset over the scales. The changes we make are so huge, the number on the scales will have to catch up one way or the other. Keep pushing it! Cheer!

Rebecca B. said...

I hate stress. HATE it. I don't deal well with it. Learning to deal with it is a struggle.

I've been on medications that suppress my appetite before, and I found that I have to eat whenever I feed my kids or I forget to eat until my blood sugar plummets, and THAT is never pretty.

Congrats on the loss!! You're moving in the right direction - it's awesome!!

Unknown said...

Great job on your loss. How are you dealing with stress now? I used to be an emotional eater but had to do a lot of work to kick that habit. I am able to take a moment to breathe and put circumstances in much better perspective now.

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

3lbs in a week is great! And 7lbs down for the MiLi is amazing! I know it's hard to be proud of yourself when you see others losing tons more than you. As much as I try not to, it's hard to not compare myself to the other Mamavation Moms in terms of weight loss so far. My body is very up and down, and one week I'll lose 6 pounds, while the next week I'll gain 1 back. It's very frustrating, and it takes all I have in me to keep going and not quit. But I keep going because everyone is watching me and I don't want to let them down, and I'd rather not let myself down either. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, 3 more pounds! You're going to be below 300 before you know it. I'm so proud of you!